On April 3-5, 2017 in the Conference Center „Nosalowy Dwór”, Zakopane
took place the 14th Conference „Modernization of the Railway Rolling Stock”
organized by Polish Chamber of Railway Equipment Producers and Railway Service Providers
under patronage of:
Issues related to acquisition, operation and maintenance of railway rolling stock are still among the most important issues in terms of railway transport development in Poland and use of the funds intended for this purpose under the state budget, local government budget and the European Union budget. According to the priority axis 5 of the Operational Program Infrastructure and Environment 2014-2020 (PLN 25 billion), comprising 51 projects, they include, among others, modernization and purchase of approx. 400 rolling stock units. As a continuation of the use of aid funds at the end of the last year, two new bidding contests were launched relating to the rolling stock projects.
During the conference which covers passenger and freight railway rolling stock, tramway and metro, the following issues will be discussed:
- purchase and modernization, acquisition of funds in new perspective to 2020
- Modernizations and repairs
- certificates and approvals of new, modernized units, interoperability,
- market of suppliers of components, parts and services – orders and execution,
- presentation of the latest technical solutions for the rolling stock,
- durability, comfort and ergonomics – market requirements,
- conveniences for passengers,
- purchase vs modernization.
- ongoing operation and maintenance of the railway rolling stock,
- organization of technical and repair back-up facilities,
- own maintenance back-up facilities vs outsourcing,
- vandalism prevention,
- IT systems for carriers and passengers.
- solutions as regards vehicle security and monitoring, considering legal regulations.
We have invited to participate in the conference the representatives of the Ministry of Infrastructure and Construction, Ministry of Development, Office of Rail Transport, Railway Research Institute, PKP Group Companies, Koleje Samorządowe (Local Railways), private carriers, Municipal Transport Companies, and universities, who will express their opinions concerning the issues included in the conference subject.